You can participate in an ECHO session from any location where you have an internet connection and a device with a webcam and microphone.
Be sure to connect from a quiet place because ECHO is a live learning experience. Also be mindful of your surroundings, as sensitive information could be shared during your session.
The ECHO experience uses internet-based technology. You can connect to the video sessions using your phone, tablet, laptop, or computer as long as these devices have a video camera and microphone. Some headphones can also be used as a microphone if your device does not have one.
At the CWTS, we believe that everyone should be able to participate in the ECHO learning experience. Contact your CWTS ECHO coordinator to access the necessary equipment.
In each session, you will hear from
- a presenter, who provides expertise on the topic,
- panelists, who will add additional perspectives, and
- your peers, who will bring personal experience to the equation.
Each session is closely monitored by the ECHO coordinator to ensure that only approved participants join the session. During the case presentation and discussion portion of a session, only non-identifiable information is shared among participants. Our sessions are a safe and electronically secure place for you to share information.
Training hours are awarded upon completion of all sessions in the series. We do not award training hours for incomplete participation in a series.
If an emergency arises and you miss a session, you may contact your provider to make arrangements to attend a session in another offering of the series. Your training hours will be awarded when you complete your makeup session.
Once the app is downloaded and installed onto your device, you can join the meeting in several ways:
- Log into your account and click on Upcoming Classes in the Menu. Find your ECHO session under Current and click on the Zoom button.
- Click on the Zoom URL link for the series, found in your registration confirmation email or session reminder email, and your device will automatically open the meeting in the ZOOM app.
- Click on the Zoom app and choose the option Join a Meeting. You will be prompted to enter your meeting ID. Your meeting ID is the last 9 digits of the Zoom URL link provided in your registration confirmation email. From here, click Join.
If you need assistance downloading Zoom technology to your device, contact the CWTS ECHO coordinator, Sarah Hunt.
Click on the below link to join a test meeting to ensure your Internet and video connection works. If using a mobile device, make sure that you have downloaded the app (See “How do I download Zoom technology to my mobile device?” for instructions to download the app to your mobile device).
If you are concerned about your ability to connect, please reach out to your CWTS ECHO coordinator, Sarah Hunt, who will connect with you via Zoom prior to the start of your series or next session.