Fun facts about your region:
- The Northeast region has three large sized counties (Boulder, Larimer and Weld), two medium sized counties (Logan and Morgan) and five small sized counties (Jackson, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, and Yuma)
- Six Northeast region counties are participating in the SafeCare Program (Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, and Yuma). SafeCare is designed to help mothers and fathers with parenting skills through intensive home visits by non-profit workers familiar with child welfare issues.
- Three counties are on track to roll out or are currently practicing Differential Response (Boulder, Jackson, and Larimer).
- The smallest county in the Northeast region is Jackson County. The county seat is Walden and the population in the 2010 census was 1394 people.The largest county in the Northeast region is Larimer County. The county seat is Fort Collins and the population in the 2010 census was 299,630 people.
- The Northeast Regional Learning Center is located in Fort Collins, which has more restaurants per capita than most cities in the nation, offering trainees plenty of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner during their stay!
We serve the following counties: